Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Friday, March 23, 2012


When I said it would be just a little while before I had internet again, I had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently when you buy an Amish farm in a completely Amish town, the electric, phone, and satellite companies are not interested in running lines just for you. We have had to fight and yell and call in the public utilities commission just to get the phone. We MAY have electric by April, but it will likely be May. That means nearly 2 years off-grid.

It has been awesome. I didn't realize what a nuisance it all was until I got rid of it. I have missed the computer. I am a writer. Even if nobody reads any of it, it is cathartic for me to write. And I have so much to share. When I do get internet, I will have so many posts my fingers will likely freeze to the keyboard.

In the meantime, my kids have really grown up! As of May I will have a 16 year old! It doesn't seem possible.



Here we are in my Amish kitchen with my mom (though an Amish kitchen would NOT have a phone in it. notice the cord hanging down- it comes in under the door until the wiring goes through the house!) We have the absolute BEST neighbors in the world...but that will take a whole post in itself!

We are back in Ohio for the weekend so I have computer access. The library is so small in our town that we cannot even get on the internet and print out school papers, so until I actually defeat the electric company....

Shalom B'Shem Yeshua!

PS- was He the Passover Lamb or the Easter Ham? Just saying.

3 comments:

NeeCee said...

I look forward to the day you can again begin posting on a regular basis. I have so missed you!

Tanya said...

My husband and I were thinking of becoming foster parents but I have to admit, I am a bit scared about the influence to my other younger children. I would love to here more about that and get any advice you may have. I also wanted to say I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh girl, I missed this new post(although quite a long time ago) BEAUTIFUL PIC of the family and kids..

So much has happened in my life and I am sure in yours too.. I cant wait for you to get back to blogging again. But I will have patience..

You will have to visit my new blog, I finally got it to where its sticking around.. lol

JEANNIE