Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Weeping and Great Discoveries

It's official- I am a cry baby.

Tonight on PBS's series The History Project (because we all know historians love their history!) they had a special called Digging Up Jesus. Of course archaeologists can't ever demonstrate their personal faith (if they have any) in examining the artifacts and digs they examine, but the host did say it is no longer a subject of debate that Yeshua actually lived. And, of course, they make no statement as to whom He really was or wasn't spiritually.

But the part that got my tear ducts going was the surprise the archaeologists had over finding all these evidences so recently, when people have been living and excavating in Jerusalem for thousands of years. My mind immediately went to the scriptures and the verses about things being sealed up or hidden until the end, when they will be revealed. These 'proofs' were hiding in plain sight and they are just now finding them! Or perhaps it is like other Bible accounts where the people's understanding was taken away and the understanding is just now being given back, at Yahweh's appointed time. I have always cherished the Word and believed all that it said. But to see so many things coming to fruition in my generation makes my heart overflow with emotion. I am truly delighting in it.

Hallelu Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sondra said...

*I think* this is my first visit to your blog, and I wanted to share that I have really enjoyed my stay! (((((HUGS))))) sandi