Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sheep-herder's bread

I saw this on a Julia Child show on PBS at like 3:00 in the morning. It was about four years ago. I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the TV, and they were making this. I'm glad I had the wherewith all to write it down!

1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup semolina (I use coconut flour)
salt
1/3 cup or less water.

Mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and pour in a little water at a time, mixing with a fork. When a nice dough is reached, let rest for one hour. Roll out paper thing (use plenty of flour or it will stick) and brown on a stone in a 400* oven for 3 minutes or so per side. I guess the shepherds would take it with them because it wouldn't mold. At least that;s what the guy on Julia Child's show said!

I like to play around with it once in a while, adding rosemary, garlic, or whatever sounds interesting that day!!!!

No comments: