Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Really Easy Oreo Cake

I was supposed to take a cake to a function many years ago and I was running late. I realized I would not have time for the cake to cool and frost it before we had to leave. The result is this seat-of-the-pants recipe that is now a favorite (we seldom have cake, but it is something to look forward to). I can't say i invented Oreo cake, because there are always people trying things out and just when I think I have discovered something great, I find it somewhere else, but I did not get the idea from anyone else. I just looked around and thought really fast!

Need: 1 chocolate cake mix (boxed or your own from a recipe), ½ package of Oreos, 1 can vanilla frosting

Bake the cake according to the directions. When you take it out of the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes. Poke holes in the cake with a butter knife. Then spread the frosting over the top, spreading it around as it melts, and then sprinkle crumbled Oreos on top. All done!

No comments: