Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Another Step

Today is our farewell party. It may sound snotty, but I wish it was over. I understand the concept of having a chance to see everyone before we go, some of whom we will likely not see again. But it feels like attending your own funeral in a way! I just can't explain it properly. I think I am impatient to get to our new home and get started on everything we have planned, and to me a 'goodbye' party is looking back. I've gotten to a point where I don't really care to look back all that much. In the packing for the move, I purged a great many items from my past. Stuff like trophies and ribbons, certificates and programs from the multitude of school activities over the years. Part of it that I am so far removed from that person now. Part of it is I know life is short and I don't want to either waste time dusting mementos or be remembered by them. I want to be present and active. Holding on to the past isn't where I want to be.

Hopefully pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, I just went and still going through a purge of my past also... why keep something from the past that makes you look back... shouldnt we press onto the present and future... but remember humbly where we once were prior to Christ or even His saving Grace over the attachments we may have had without Him... Nothing wrong with humbly remembering but I agree pitch it...

What an encouragement fiestyness I see in this post... in a good way... So proud of you guys for listening and going where you are called to do...