Does this look familiar? Click on the comment link in any posting and leave us some feedback- we'd love to hear from you!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Strawberry Soup


When we lived in South Carolina during my Junior year, I was in French class with seniors, because they didn't start foreign languages there until 10th grade. We would have presentation days, and along with them we had food! We had a lot of really yummy food, not even always French, and once we had Strawberry Soup. I was new and younger and was too intimidated to ask for a recipe. I have tried several times since to find a recipe, but without any real luck. So I fooled around with it on my own and came up with a very easy, pleasant soup. By now have forgotten what the original tasted like, so I don't know if I have it close or not. But I like this one just the same!

2 quarts strawberries, washed and stemmed
1 package strawberry flavored gelatin
sweetened whipped cream
(I still plan to do a post of where we get out supplies. I am so glad things can be found organic and chemical free, because it is so much easier than trying to figure the whole process out on my own)

I put the strawberries in the food processor with water to about half their height. I puree them until all the big chunks are out, and then pour into a bowl (adding more water if wanted). I stir ion a package of gelatin and mix, then chill in the fridge for dinner. I serve it with a blob of cream on top. The gelatin helps to sweeten and thicken slightly while making the 'broth' more uniform than just strawberries and water. Enjoy!

1 comment:

a soldier's wife said...

oh thank you for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it. I'm going to put the items I need on my shopping list for this weekend ;-)